Sunday, September 5, 2010

My Apartment

I've been in Barcelona for about 5 days now and my classes still haven't start yet. I've been spending my time settling into my apartment and my neighborhood. My apartment is gorgeous and fairly large for a Spanish apartment (at least in comparison to other people in my programs apartments). It is also very centrally located which means I have the opportunity to walk to class. I can also walk to almost anything close to the center of the city. I love everything about my apartment. There are two little balconies that face out the front of the building onto the main street and another balcony at the back of the apartment facing a courtyard type area. This is where the drying lines and clothes pins are...aka our dryer. I guess I can look past the lack of a dryer for the beautiful features of the apartment. There are four bedrooms; two doubles and two singles. There are two bathrooms and an adorable kitchen, small but cute and there are beautiful hard wood floors.  There is no air conditioning but the weather is so pleasant here it's not needed. There are windows everywhere that bring in a nice breeze but also cause some doors to slam. That might take some getting used too. Oh and probably the worst thing about the apartment that I always forget about is the roughly six flights of stairs to get to the third apartment. I think it's safe to say that I can manage to live here for the next fifteen weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're going to have an amazing time! Can't wait to read about more of your travels... and see some more pictures!

    Love,
    Megan Hanno

    ReplyDelete