Wednesday, October 6, 2010

FC Barcelona vs. RCD Mallorca


October 3rd was the Barca vs. Mallorca futbol game. I know nothing about futbol but I love football and it's basically the same atmosphere so I was excited for he game. The metro was SO crowded but at least we knew exactly where to go. Follow the Barca jerseys. Walking to the stadium was like a Bears game; merchandise vendors, someone selling peanuts, and massive crowds. Getting in was nothing like the Soldier's Field. I accidentally walked past the bag search? and then proceeded to climb roughly a million stairs. With all the stairs in Europe you would think my body would be used to it--nope. We get to out seats--first row of the highest section. We could see the whole field but we were at a corner of one of the goals. I'm sure it was the North endzone :) After they do the National anthem (with constant cheering), the whole stadium gets silent and they pay tribute to an old player. It's the quietest and most still the stadium ever was. Then as always began the cheers. "Barca!...Barca!....Barca!..." And then Messi scored the first goal of the night and the cheers changed to "Messi!....Messi!....Messi!..." Like at a Bears game there is constant cheering. I felt very at home. Mallorca scored a goal too and the game ended up in a tie.  Walking out of the stadium, it was like any other game. Massive amounts of people and slow walking.  The main difference was that I barely saw any blatantly drunk people. It was a lot of families and people maintaining their alcohol. I did miss the bucket boys though.

Also don't forget about all of my pictures that I have been posting at a sharing website.


I'll be adding more pictures to it sporadically.

No comments:

Post a Comment